Cob: Rammed earth, pise, Easton's book etc.

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 31 08:31:37 CST 2003

Pise/rammed earth mean different things to different people.  This is the
glossy book by an American.

"http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0930031792/qid=1044022780/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-6977152-4198211?v=glance&s=books"

Also, following links, these guys are not doing (all, anyway) 3500 square
foot monsters for two people part time.  And while they are using the
pneumatic tamping in their forms, they do say that there are other things
that work a whole lot better for curved walls.

Pneumatic tampers, I'll bet, only work for the young and strong who have no
tendencies whatsoever to carpal tunnel syndrome. Not me, who had surgery
after a month of rivet guns.

http://www.rammedearth.com/index01.html

Jill asked
what is the equipment needed? I can't seem to find it. Also, when I look at
the foreign sites using "pise" the photos show hand building methods not
equipment. Though I know the other link for Earth Rammed Works is machine.