Cob:

Jill hotmail writejill at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 6 22:52:59 CST 2003

Thanks for all the input! Though we are getting more confused! Some say make it smaller, some say you can expand, and some say I should expand to make room for storage. hmmmmm
Also, I know it may be not politically-incorrect (or environmentally-incorrect) but we are having the foundation and drains dug out for us, by a business with machines. They are also doing the plumbing and electrical up to the foundation. Then it is up to us.
I like the idea of 2 stories, and saving on the roof expense, but I am quite afraid of heights - I would get stuck on top of a park slide! (Cleaned the RV roof off once, the neighbors heard me crying - and the fire department had to come get me down - oh shut up!)
So I am sticking to one story with a loft (will get help with that part and the roof). Plus I can always add on.
The idea of a garage door with screens and such, is just what I had in mind - thanks Marsha (family is from WI, maybe that is where I saw the idea). I may forgo the idea of having it in the kitchen, but if I make a garage (used for the romper room)  can utilize that idea.
The Hand Sculpted House book says to use circles to make the floorplan - I am having trouble with that. I live in a box. :(
-jill