Cob: One Bad Apple spoils..................

Chita Jing edfan at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 12:52:07 CST 2003

        There's more than technical difference to be noted in the exchange. Shannon didn't start out with a salutation that sounded like, "Darel, you ignorant slut."

        Every list seems to have an Old Timer like Darel who annoints himself Gatekeeper. They mistake a willingness to tolerate their self-absorbed abrasiveness in exchange for information -- with affection. I've often wondered if the only warmth such people had in their lives were the flames they threw. It's repulsive.

        Get over defending Darel's content as if it came unwrapped. IMHO, there's no net profit to the group as a whole in tolerating a fire that consumes all the oxygen in the room -- unless you think he is the ONLY person on the list worth hearing from. In which case rename this list the Darel Podium and be done with it.

  wait a minute, Dan.  I've been following this list now for quite some time.  (although never actively participated until now)  Darel has contributed a wealth of information for us all and I, for one, hope he continues to do so.  Darel and Shannon have a different point of view, both are educated and intelligent and relevant.

-------------- next part --------------
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>        There's more than technical
difference to be noted in the exchange. Shannon didn't start out with a
salutation that sounded like, "Darel, you ignorant slut." </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>        Every list seems to have an Old
Timer like Darel who annoints himself Gatekeeper. They mistake a willingness to
tolerate their self-absorbed abrasiveness in exchange for information --
with affection. I've often wondered if the only warmth such
people had in their lives were the flames they threw. It's repulsive.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>        Get over defending Darel's
content as if it came unwrapped. IMHO, there's no net profit to the group
as a whole in tolerating a fire that consumes all the oxygen in the room --
unless you think he is the ONLY person on the list worth hearing from. In which
case rename this list the Darel Podium and be done with it.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A title=dbothne54 at yahoo.com href="mailto:dbothne54 at yahoo.com">Dorothy
  Bothne</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=coblist at deatech.com
  href="mailto:coblist at deatech.com">coblist at deatech.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, March 06, 2003 9:45
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: Cob: One Bad Apple
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <P>wait a minute, Dan.  I've been following this list now for quite some
  time.  (although never actively participated until now)  Darel has
  contributed a wealth of information for us all and I, for one, hope he
  continues to do so.  Darel and Shannon have a different point of view,
  both are educated and intelligent and relevant.
</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>