Cob: Paint on cob

Matthew HALL(SED) M.Hall at shu.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 13:12:03 CST 2003

What you were saying about metal roofs reminds me of the faraday cage effect. This is said to
contribute to the so-called 'sick building syndrome', quite a big deal here in the UK. It occurs in
large reinforced concrete structures, steel framed buildings, and any other structure where there
is a large amount of ferrous metal. The 'sick buildig' refers to the fact that the occupants health
is affected in ways that are detrimental. I'm afraid i cannot elaborate further on that aspect but
i see no reason to doubt your ideas on brain synapse functions being somehow affected. I can
personally testify that it is very unpleasant in my basement laboratory which is nothing more than
a window-less steel reinforced concrete cave! The effect is caused by the fact that our planet is
surounded by its own magnetic field. As our planet revolves, so everything on its surface
(including our steel buildings) passes through this field. When you pass ferrous metal through a
magnetic field you generate an electic current...wait,
did i hear somebody start yawning?

Regards
Matthew