Cob: rat runs--cleanliness--floor height--glass

Brent Flaco Wilson realm_fitness at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 03:38:14 CDT 2003

In a permanent culture where things have their place, and homes are built
intelligently into the landscape major varmint problems aren't an issue.
But one animal that really keeps rats away is a hungry housecat, and for
that matter if you live by the river, grow a forest for hawks, owls, and
eagles, then have coyotes roam thru, and your house dog, ok, thats how rats
are kept at bay where I grew up plus the kleen house and the raised
foundation.  SO I think lets keep parts of this totality in view as equal.
So I have also seen cob homes in heavy forest with owl, coyote and other
predators keeping rats at bay, though the rats did crawl on the roof at
night.  And once again a hungry cat protected their neighbors house.  So cob
off the ground with a proper ecosystem suited to the local area with a
domestic predator is pretty darn safe! flaco