Cob: wool- air gap venting in roof

Taylor Publishing-DirtCheapBuilder tms at northcoast.com
Wed Jun 11 21:10:56 CDT 2003

Thanks Amanda, my studio HAS a composition roof already, but I will want
to insulate the structure this summer, and will be using the
sawdust-clay-lime insill, and the  roof area will get the wool or more
sawdust clay cast panels.

( I talked about "wafflecrete" a couple years ao,  precasting of
clay+lime-paper/sawdust/etc  "panels" as wide& deep as needed for wall
and roof insulation. cheap, lightweight & better'n breaking one's neck
trying to stuff a ceiling area . we have a short summer, so premaking
panels out in the sun, and then popping them up into the rafters "seems"
like a good idea, ask me in Oct. if it worked!

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten (Eureka) CA 95534 707-441-1632     tms at northcoast.com