Rivendell Ranch -=> Cob: WA State on SW Olympic Peninsula

Guy Koehler, Rancher at Rivendell Ranch rancher at rivendell-ranch.com
Tue Jul 15 16:01:31 CDT 2003

I have a 160 acre Ranch 17 miles north of Hoquiam WA (Hwy 101 North half way to Lake Quinault). I am developing the Ranch as a Queer-friendly working ranch and campground (everyone welcome who does not discriminate or practice hate). Right now it's primitive: tents on grass or under trees. 60 acres of pasture and meadow, 4 creeks, tons of trees, end of the road, surround by thousands of acres of Rainier timber farms, "smack dab in the Heart of the Green in the Olympic Rainforest"

I want to build some cob "hobbit" houses as cabins to rent out, plus hot tubs, sweat lodges, showers, etc (all using cob, if possible). The goals of the ranch are to be self-sustaining, entirely green, permaculture, no motors or engines, walk everywhere, Belgian draft horses are the tractors and transportation. Also interested in long houses, ceremonial houses, intentional community, teepees, and wickiups (build really interesting for really cheap without metal to last a long time). I tend to give people a lot of creative room to do their own thing (after reviewing new design ideas with me, of course). I worked with a bunch of creative folk professionally and am very much in tune with letting smart people run their own gigs.

No way I can do this by myself: haven't built anything cob yet, and enough work for 20 people (only me here now).

I'm offering room+board, and maybe profit share for hard working, not afraid of sweat, motivated, fun, work hard and have a good time people.

If interested, please email me directly

Rancher at Rivendell-Ranch.com
www.Rivendell-Ranch.com

Pls email and set up a time to talk on phone, if you wish. I only have the modem. If line is busy, I'm online and will respond to email. If the line is not busy, odds are I'm outside somewhere and won't here it ring.

Kind Regards (with fingers crossed)

Guy Koehler
100 Hensel Rd
Hoquiam WA 98550