Cob: round house 1800's & Building workshops

Taylor Publishing-DirtCheapBuilder tms at northcoast.com
Thu Jul 24 14:33:29 CDT 2003

http://www.housemouse.net/houseplanmonth01.htm

this site was posted to orgainc architecture list, and the round house
of the 1800's is described as "queer"...very funny to see  subjective
description of anyone who wouldlive in such a  house.
+++++++++++
Also as posted to this list  by Beth Rogers, a radio broadcast on K-Mud
here in Humboldt CA covered women building, on their "Women on
Wednesday" program.  I and a local woman who is teaching
cob/SB/plasters/earth floors and more were interviewed.  We had a lot oc
callers with good  questions on all sorts of natural building topics,
and we may make this a once a month braodcast on areas of building. and
it can be heard via the internet ( which seems ultrasophisticated to me)

I wanted to let anyone interested know how to reach the local teacher-
Peggry Frist, who is hosting workshops on a low cost, sliding scale
basis for all aspets of building, not just cob.
707-825-0838

Peggy trained with both Becky Bee, and in Nova Scotia at the(
loadbearing SBale) house of Kim Thompson.

You can call her direct or view a list of upcoming events on a page at
my website.
visit   www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
and go to the Vist the NorthCoast link (at bottom left) for more info.
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com/vishumcoasca.html

I'd love to see someone with Peggy's energy be able to continue to offer
classes as no one else in Humboldt is teaching.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten (Eureka) CA 95534 707-441-1632
books at dirtcheapbuilder.com