Cob: Cubic Feet of Cob Per Day

Kim West kwest at arkansas.net
Sat Jul 26 20:13:30 CDT 2003

BlankIn Ianto's new book it is said that an experienced cobber can expect to
produce 15 to 25 cubic feet of cob per day and that an inexperienced cobber
can expect about half as much, especially if not in shape [not an exact
quote]. Does anyone here agree or disagree with this "formula"?

I like Ed's idea of using the tiller myself since it should greatly reduce
the time to make cob. I plan to call the rental store Monday and see how
much they cost to rent. Usually renting an item for a week is only a few
dollars more than renting it for a day and renting for a month is not much
more than renting for a week.