Cob: fibrous concrete reinforcement

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 20:07:53 CDT 2003

        Straw is much cheaper and works fine. Also straw adds considerable
volume to your mix whereas, fibers are quite expensive, they tend to clump and
will require considerable mixing to separate them and will not add bulk to your
mix. I have never used plastic fibers in cob but I have plenty of experience
using them to make cement flower pots, and I would expect they will act the
same in cob renders.
Ed