Cob: staying on topic & PEM

Taylor Publishing-DirtCheapBuilder tms at northcoast.com
Thu Aug 14 01:00:08 CDT 2003

I vote for staying topic, I've noticed no one who usually comments is
taking the time to do so.

my mailbox  for the cob list is full from  just one person's
comments...this seems to happen when new people join and are overly
enthusiastic.

on topic-- cordwood builder Alan Stankowitz has been experimenting with
paper and clay together, and decided to name it PEM, "paper enhanced
mortar",  and also "paper cob/paper adobe" when he uses it like a cob
mortar for his cordwood. for some reason he does not want to say
papercrete- possibly because he uses no cement in it, but I have seen
more and more people  talking about experimenting with paper slurry- and
lots of clay.  There is room for lots of experimentation, and of course,
I vote for adding lime for a much stronger, water resistant plaster or
fill material.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
PO Box 375, Cutten (Eureka) CA 95534 707-441-1632
books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
Please see  www.papercrete.com for Online newsletter and more web links.