Cob: experience is overrated -- an eight-year-old with acookbook could do this stuff!

Mary Hooper mjhooper at trccomputing.com
Fri Aug 15 08:09:19 CDT 2003

 Amanda: Thanks for the link to kleiwerks. There is a workshop in my
neighborhood (practically) and now all I have to do is persuade my honey
that he and the budgie can survive a week without me! Asheville is a
miserable town for traffic, but for anyone interested in doing this
workshop, Montford is a lovely historic neighborhood of turn of the last
century houses and worth a visit just for the architecture.....it's on the
other side from downtown of the "great Wall of Asheville", one of those
uncreative grey concrete walls dividing the highway through town. If the
workshop is actually in Montford, it will be quite pleasant.....

re: creativity, technique and skill: i definitely think brief posts on this
are relevant...also, there's the question whether or not each of us is a
Process or a Project person. Once I learn how things are done, I often don't
bother completing the project. I have friends who complete every  project
before starting another... this is worth consideration I think before taking
on a cob project..... and worth knowing about oneself before contemplating
digging a hole in the yard and filling it with gravel and collecting a stack
of building materials....
Mary in Mitchell County, NC