Cob: Re: diatomaceous earth

Mary Hooper mjhooper at trccomputing.com
Thu Sep 11 07:21:50 CDT 2003

Subject: Re: diatomaceous earth
I wrote:
What's the difference between one kind of diatomaceous earth and another?

Darel wrote:  Did I imply that there was (a difference)?

My answer:
No, I don't believe you did. Fenton mentioned using food grade.
He said:
"Basically, I'm thinking you could mix diatomaceous earth with your cob (not
too much, as it's very "silty"). Be sure to always use the "food grade"
diatomaceous earth which has a silica content of <1%."

Darel's additional comment:    The material simply comes from long dead
plancton.   Is
> this what you want to know?
>
> Darel:
> Perhaps. Perhaps not. I shall research on my own for any other info I
require.
Mary