[Cob] Industrial hemp..US/Canada...

Taylor Publishing-DirtCheapBuilder tms at northcoast.com
Thu Sep 18 19:27:21 CDT 2003

Luanna...as far as I know it is illegal to own/buy/sell industrial hemp
hurds in the US...fiber for hemp paper is the only material allowed. A
local medical hemp grower has had incredible trouble with that alone,
and Canada ia the closest place to get the hurds. Two guys in Canada
created StoneHemp and use it with lime to make beautiful walls, sculpted
items and plasters. etc.
I have a brief article online about their hemp and other weeds/free
materials at:
http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/cobwood.html

also go to www.tree.org when the local hemp guy has an article on
building too

In France a comapny called Isochanvre (product name) makes
hemp-lime-clay walls and buuldings and have commercialized the product.
http://www.isochanvre.com/

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
PO Box 375, Cutten   CA 95534 707-441-1632    books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
 http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com