[Cob] 2cents and codes

Scott Van Kirk scott at mho.com
Sat Nov 1 08:40:00 CST 2003

When you get the brush off like that, move up the chain.  Talk to his
supervisor. Hopefully, eventually you will get to
someone who actually knows what is what.   There is a group called DCAT,
Development Center for Appropriate Technology.
These guys have dedicated themselves to getting code officials on the side
of people trying to build with alternative
or natural techniques.  They have gotten quite a bit into the new
International Building Code which is what the whole
nation is moving to.  It is entirely possible that your county already has
adopted this code which means that a lot of
these alternative building techniques are, in fact, done there - even if
the grunts don't know it.  Give DCAT a try.

-Scott