[Cob] hanging pictures and decorations on cob

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:40:56 CST 2003

I'd guess that if you didn't put in something to support some sort of a
picture rail (e.g., 10" down from the ceiling) you'd use those biggish
spirals--lead or plastic, for which you drill a small hole, then screw them
in, then screw regular screws into will work.  Most hardware stores have
some.  They're wonderful for plaster and drywall.
How hard (and practical) is it to nail into a finished cob wall?  I'm
thinking in terms of hanging pictures and decorations, and would the
*albeit* small nails do damage to the cob?  I'm seeing large chunks of cob
flying everywhere every time you go to hammer - and once you get a nail into
the wall, how secure would it be?  I would imagine if you really thought
ahead, you could embed something in the wall as you're laying the cob, but
who has THAT kind of foresight?

Regards,
Gabriel Everhart