[Cob] ceiling

Jilly JILLPRUETT at peoplepc.com
Thu Nov 6 10:15:09 CST 2003

I thought that once I build up the cob wall, I would have to place some sort of support beam (log from land site preferably) across the top.

Say, one down the middle of the "house" and then every so many inches thereafter to cover one half of the downstairs (intentions here are for a loft sleeping area). On top of that, I place my floorboards, going in another direction.

For the roof, I do the same, only I cover the entire span of the house. Then I layer my insulation, roof support and so on. Right?

The thing is, I didn't want to look up to the boards. Exposing the log is okay, but not all those floor boards. I think it would take away from the beautiful cob walls.

That site was just to show the ceiling plastered, but the logs exposed. Never mind their building process, I think it was a log home site. I just want the cob.

jilly