[Cob] Cob bones, beautiful.

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:29:44 CST 2003

Pretty plywood?--not since the days of Frank Lloyd Wright and besides the
looks of the everyday stuff have changed since then!

I would agree that "pretty" can cost more.

"Beautiful"--as in seeing the bones of the COB!! structure, might not.

And a log ceiling below a loft?  While I think it would need load
calculations, it would do away with the need for ceiling joists and might
give one 4" or more of room without going to a real second story.  That
might be what is pictured there.  Of course it could have just been
slab-wood "veneer" nailed to ceiling joists, and then filled with whatever
it is that looks like it's falling out.

David replies to Jilly

yes. i guess you want wood planks or pretty plywood on top of the logs?
once you know how your roof will attach you can design that in. pretty
costs more, but what the heck?

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays!  Snappier product search...
http://shopping.msn.com