[Cob] shells are sharp-COB MIX DESIGN

latalley latalley at swva.net
Wed Nov 26 15:59:05 CST 2003

Thanks for the comment on shells being sharp, I'm in brainstorming mode and I did not consider this.

Originally, I was thinking it would be used sparingly, ie. the shells would mimic a sedimentary wall by means of layering and placing during different courses of the wall.

I think using the overabundance of Zebra mussel shells would be a great idea, just try wearing very tight fitted rubber boats (to protect feet)!?

Another thought very useful is the use of finishes, I was not thinking of using finish coats (naked truths)...  this would negate the idea of creating a sedimentary look.  Back to the chalkboard, I am still going to experiment with shells! :)

Michael LaRoche
Floyd, VA