[Cob] Rice Hull Ash

Scott Van Kirk scott at mho.com
Fri Nov 28 10:23:15 CST 2003

I would be very interested in your results.  I was told by some people who
looked into this that most rice hull
ash available in the US useless as a pozzolan because it was burned too
hot.  This crystalizes the silica in the rice
hulls and drystalized silica is non-reactive. What you want is a lower
burn temperature which gives you amorphous silica.
Please let me know how it goes.  If it goes well, I would also love to
find out your friends source.

-Scott